WELCOME TO CROSSROADS KIDS
Crossroads Kids is a ministry for children, birth through 6th grade, happening during all our weekend services.
Our mission is to support the family in the spiritual development of their child so that the child can develop a personal and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ. To accomplish this we use relevant Bible teaching, music, group discussion and age-appropriate activities to help kids connect with the God who loves them.
At Crossroads Kids we believe the Bible is exciting and life changing, worship needs to be energetic and put our focus on God, and kids ought to feel safe and welcomed.
Our desire is for kids to fall in love with God and learn: God is real and loves us, God’s Word is practical, relevant, and applicable to our lives, God gives us wisdom, we can talk to God, we were created for a purpose, and we should build Godly relationships with others.
NURSERY/TODDLER (ALL AGES UNDER THREE)
Our Crossroads Kids Nursery is staffed with volunteers who love caring for littles. During each weekend service while the adults are enjoying their service team sing songs, read stories, and play with the children. In a clean, safe, and fun environment the children learn they are loved.
KIDS CHURCH JR. (PRE-K - KINDERGARTEN)
Our Pre K and Kindergarten classes have the same format during each service:
- Coloring Time: children color a picture that introduces the Bible story and when the staff and children get to know each other.
- Song Time: children participate in fun, prayerful, and active praise songs.
- Story Time: the Bible is brought to life using pictures, actions, and videos.
- Small-Group Time: a small group of children sit with a leader to discuss the Bible story and have prayer time when children learn to talk to God,
- Free Play Time: when children play dress-up or build with blocks, or playhouse but more importantly learn how to get along with others.
Though the specific content of each element changes the children learn God loves them, we can trust God, and we should care for others.
KIDS CHURCH (GRADES 1 THROUGH 6)
Kids Church is a fun, high-energy service for elementary-age children. There are two basic elements each week: large group and small group.
- Large Group: All the children are together. The worship team leads the children in praise and worship. Then a teaching team creatively tells the Bible Story using drama, video, or other entertaining and exciting methods. The team follows the story with object lessons and games designed to relate the point of the Bible story to their lives.
- Small-Group: Children meet in grade-level groups of 8-12 kids. In small groups, the children get to know each other, discuss the Bible lesson, participate in an activity that reinforces the main point, and then pray together. This element allows children to learn how to apply God’s Word to their lives, fellowship with others and make friends, learn to talk to God, and understand they have been created on and for a purpose.
JUNIOR BIBLE QUIZ (GRADES 2 - 6)
Have you heard the buzz about Junior Bible Quiz? Kids everywhere are joining the fun and excitement of JBQ. They form teams in their churches and learn questions and answers about the Bible. JBQ teams work together by participating in fun quizzing matches and competitions with other JBQ teams. It’s all very cool, fast, and exciting!
TO LEARN MORE, WATCH THIS FUN INFORMATIONAL VIDEO!
Child Dedication is a public commitment you make before God, your church, and your family. The dedication service is an opportunity for the parents to publicly express their desire to lead and spiritually nurture their child, with the help of the Holy Spirit.